In 2016, Bose launched its first consumer product in the BOSEbuild line. The BOSEbuild Speaker Cube is a build-it-yourself Bluetooth Speaker that engages kids through an iOS app on a journey from magnets to music. This consumer product enables a child, age 8 and up, to learn how a speaker and sound works and results in them building a rugged, high-quality speaker.
In addition to this consumer product, we have developed a version that can be used to go deeper into the concepts and encourage more hands-on experimentation and learning. It can be used as a platform to teach the science of magnetism, electromagnetism, waves, sound, and music. This is enhanced through additional sensors to enable kids to learn the following: (Check out the ACTIVITIES Section to see all that is possible)
- What is sound?
- How does a magnet and coil of wire work together to make sound?
- Design a speaker from a single sheet of paper or other craft materials.
- Sensors to explore different inputs from their world:
- Sensors included are: Magnetism, Gravity, & Distance
- Using these sensors, kids can develop their own game or musical instrument